- Payment Options
- Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Public Records
- Village Board of Trustees Agendas
- Village Board of Trustees Minutes
- Planning Commission Agendas
- Planning Commission Minutes
- Public Records Request
- Codes & Regulations
- Contact Us
THE CALL TO ACTION:
In the fall of 2017, the Eagle Village Board of Trustees made the decision to update the village’s comprehensive plan for the following reasons:
- The village’s current plan became 10 years old in 2017.
- From 2007 until 2017, the village has substantially changed due to an increased interest in new commercial and residential development.
- Village staff, planning commission members, and board members noted the need to streamline and update land use regulations primarily involving zoning and subdivision regulations.
- The village intends to better accommodate Cass County property owners who find themselves within the village’s zoning regulations because of the village expanding its corporate limits.
THE AUTHORITY TO PLAN:
The Eagle Village Board Trustees performs all necessary governmental functions for the village. It has planning and zoning powers, pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. secs. 19-901 to 19-903. This power encompasses all the incorporated areas of the village as well as the established extra-territorial jurisdiction (ETJ) (Ordinance 2013-16). The board may enforce such zoning and subdivision regulations as are necessary to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the Eagle community.
THE RESPONSIBILITY TO PLAN:
Since 1967, municipalities in the State of Nebraska have been legally required to have a current comprehensive development plan in order to regulate land use and development.
PLANNING IS AN ONGOING PROCESS:
The Future Land Use Map and policy statements identified within this plan are meant to cover a 10-year period. However, changes are sure to take place that this plan could not foresee. The Eagle Planning Commission and the Village Board of Trustees have a responsibility to review the plan on a regular basis (annually or biannually) and to update the document as changes occur.